Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A nice day off; pictures taken; flickr account updated

I had a very nice day off today. I spent the morning lazing around the house with my brother. I mostly read the manual for my new Canon PowerShot S80 I got for Christmas. I took a few pictures at home as well.

We finally left the house around 1:30. We went to Taco Bell to get lunch. After lunch, we went in search of a new tripod for my new camera. We tried a few different places and ended up at Wolf Camera in Dublin. I found a very nice tripod there and purchased it.

Our next destination was the local movie theater to see Narnia. We went to my parents' house to pick up my Dad to go with us. Upon arriving at the theater, traffic was the worst we'd ever seen. It took us a few minutes to just get into the lot to park. I dropped of my brother Ryan and my dad to go buy tickets. As soon I parked, they told me that the next two showings were sold out. Oh well. So we went back to my parents' house.

I gave my brother my old 3 megapixel Toshiba camera for Christmas. I had my camera and tripod with me and my brother had his camera. We puttered around the family room, kitchen, and living room, taking pictures. I'm a bit of a photographer, as I had an SLR from late high school and I worked in a photo lab my freshman year of college. My brother has only had point-and-shoot cameras, and had never really shot digital, so I gave him a few pointers. I think he's an excellent photographer. You can see some of his work here.

You can see some of my photos made with my new camera here. I took quite a few available-light tripod photos at my parents' house this afternoon; some are labeled as such.

My new camera has motivated me to take more photos. Therefore, I've upgraded my Flickr account and purged all of the ugly gas pump pictures. I've created some new sets, updated old ones, and uploaded a whole bunch of new photos. Please let me know what you think. When I've uploaded a substantial group of new photos, I'll post here to that affect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home