Thursday, October 06, 2005

Another cool Christian band

Another cool Christian band: Eisley. They're another sibling band, like BarlowGirl. The stuff I've heard so far is nice alternative music. Their album Room Noises is available in iTunes; I'll probably pick it up soon.

I found them on the Bored-Again Christian Podcast, which totally rocks.

A second thought on BarlowGirl. I still like their album Another Journal Entry. I played it for my brother Ryan, whose musical opinion I value highly, as he is quite an accomplished musician. He didn't like it so much. He said it's quite repetitive. I'd add that their writing doesn't sound as mature as other bands: their arrangements are a bit simplistic.

I'm not so fond of their self-titled debut album. It sounds rather immature. But if one takes into account the improvement between the self-titled album and Journal Entry, their next album should be very good indeed. I see promise in them and I wish them the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home