Monday, July 28, 2008

My east coast trip so far

Late last week, my Dad and I left for a visit to Virginia Beach and Baltimore. We really enjoyed Virginia Beach; it's a lovely place, but quite hot and humid. You can see pictures here.

We arrived here in Baltimore on Saturday. It's hot and very humid here as well, but this hotel room have better AC, so it's more comfortable. We went to Washington, DC yesterday, and did not much enjoy it. We went on a whirlwind trolley tour to see the highlights. The city is rather dirty, with tons of homeless hanging around. It's also hot and humid. I wanted to go back today, to see some of the historic sites and museums in detail, but was really too tired, after a few days of little sleep. I'm feeling much better now, and intend to go back to DC tomorrow and do some serious touring and picture taking.

I've been trying to upload yesterday's pictures to either Flickr or Smugmug since last night, but I've been unsuccessful; the hotel network is terribly lossy, with at least 13% packet loss constantly. I finally found a way to reliably push pics to Flickr, but it's terribly slow. I'll post another entry with links to the sets when they're done uploading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home